Jodhpuri Kabuli Rice
(Fried) – 2 Potato, 1 carrot, ½ cup cauliflower florets, ½ cup green peas
(Uncooked) – 1 onion, 1 tomato, 2-3 green chilies, 1 tsp ginger garlic paste, chopped coriander
Dried Spices (crushed):
5-6 black peppercorns, 2-3 green and 1 black cardamom, 2-3 cloves, ½ inch cinnamon stick, 1-2 bay leaves
Spices (in teaspoon):
1 cumin seeds, 1 black cumin seeds, ½ turmeric powder, 1 red chilli powder, 1 coriander powder, 1 salt (or as per taste)
1.5 cups rice, ¾ cup yogurt, 8-10 saffron strands socked in 2tbsp milk, 2 bread slices cube cut (fried), 15-20 cashew nuts (fried), 2 tbsp ghee
COOKING PROCEDURE :
- Boil rice 70%.
- In a pan, marinate vegetables with spices and whisked curd and cook for 5 minutes.
- Layer the dish as ½ of the cooked rice, ½ of the gravy, bread pieces, cashews, and chopped coriander leaves.
- Repeat the same with remaining materials for the second layer.
- Pour saffron milk, making a small hole in the middle.
- Cover the pan with an aluminum foil and lid, and leave for 15 minutes on low flame.
Your Jodhpuri Kabuli Rice is ready to eat!