2 tbsp butter, 1 medium diced cut onion, 2-3 cloves chopped garlic, 1 tsp lemon juice, ¼ tsp pepper, ¼ tsp salt, 1 cup-small grain rice, 1 cup chopped white mushrooms, 4 cups vegetable stock, fresh parsley and parmesan cheese for garnish
- Heat a pan, add the butter and melt it. Saute onion and garlic until the onion is translucent.
- Turn the heat low and add lemon juice, salt and pepper. After 3-4 seconds add rice and toss it nicely.
- Stir in the mushrooms. Add about 1 cup vegetable stock at a time, keep stirring until the stock is absorbed by the rice.
- Repeat the process until the full stock is added and absorbed by the rice. Stirring constantly until a creamy sauce is formed.
- Serve hot with chopped parsley and cheese on top.