1 cup basmati rice cooked, ½ cup water, 1 tbsp ghee, 2 each of bay leaf, cinnamon stick, cardamom, 5 cloves, ½ tsp each of pepper, jeera, haldi, chilli powder, 1 tsp biryani masala, 1 tsp salt, 1 chopped onion, 1 fried onion, 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste, 1 cup beaten curd, 1 each of carrot, potato, beans dice cut, 5-6 small pieces of cauliflower, ½ cup matter, chopped coriander & mint, 6-7 strands of saffron socked in 2 tbsp warm milk
- In a large pan heat ghee and saute whole spices, further saute onion, ginger-garlic paste.
- Add vegetables and cook for 2 minutes. Put curd keeping flame on low and add all the powder spices, salt, biryani masala, coriander leaves, mint leaves, fried onions and give it a good mix.
- Pour in saffron milk, water and simmer for 5 minutes. Now in a pan layer half of the vegetables first then layer half of the rice and sprinkle some coriander, mint leaves.
- Layer the remaining vegetables and layer rest of the rice. Garnish with fried onion, coriander, mint leaves and saffron milk
- Tightly cover the pan and serve it.