Hydrabadi Veg Dum Biryani
For vegetables: 1 tbsp ghee, ½ cup each dice cut potato, cauliflower, carrot, beans, ¼ cup peas
For marinating vegetables: 2 tbsp thick curd, 2 tsp ginger garlic paste, ½ tsp each of red chilli powder, turmeric, coriander, garam masala, 1 big fried onion, 1 tsp lemon juice, 1 tsp salt, chopped coriander & mint leaves, 1 tbsp vegetable oil
For rice: 2 cups basmati rice, 2 cloves, 2 bay leaves, 1 cinnamon, salt to taste. For Layering: chopped mint & coriander, 7-8 saffron strands soaked in 2 tbsp milk, fried nuts
- Heat ghee in pan and fry vegetables on high heat for 3-4 minutes. Keep veggies aside.
- In a bowl marinate the sautéed vegetables with the marinating ingredients and keep aside for an hour.
- Cook rice 80% add cloves, bay leaf, cinnamon and salt.
- Now to Layer the biryani, add marinated veggies in heavy bottom pan. Top with cooked rice. Sprinkle coriander, mint leaves, saffron milk, fried nuts on top.
- Cover the pan tightly and let the biryani cook for 15 minutes on low flame. Mix & fluff gently with a fork. Serve with Raita.